Essential Tools For Working Remotely
Essential Tools For Working Remotely
Remote employees are extremely common in the workplace today. Allowing employees to work remotely has a number of benefits for employers–but remote access employees are only as productive and efficient as their tools allow them to be. With the right IT systems in place, you can hire employees from anywhere–yet have a relationship with them that is just as strong as if they were in the office with you.
There are hundreds of remote access and collaboration tools available on the market today, but we’ve come up with a list of a few that we believe are the most useful in today’s business environment.
1. Dropbox, Google Drive, & Box
Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box all offer free, or affordable cloud storage solutions. All three offer auto-sync features that allow your files to automatically be uploaded to the web while also being available at any time right from the desktop. This allows for quick and easy file sharing from anywhere.
2. Office 365
Office 365 is a business-ready, subscription-based suite of productivity products and services including messaging, collaboration, cloud storage, connectivity, media, and more—all hosted on the cloud. In the past, the Microsoft Office suite had to be physically installed on a computer for every user, but now with cloud services, users can access Office 365 from anywhere. Additionally, Office 365 allows
Office 365 is built on next-generation Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync server technologies, bringing a full suite of features to organizations of all sizes, even to those without dedicated IT support departments.
VMware is the leading virtualization provider, offering the most trusted and reliable platform for building internal cloud infrastructures and federating to external clouds.From working with analysts, customers, and partners, we’ve learned that you likely need a solution that meets ALL of the following requirements:
For over 20 years, Polycom has led the industry in setting the standard for enterprise class communications. From our immersive telepresence systems to our video desktops to our conference phones and accessories, Polycom technology is an integral part of the way businesses around the world do business.
5. GoToMeeting & WebEx
There are dozens of teleconferencing products on the market today offering these services, but the clear leaders are GoToMeeting and Cisco’s WebEx. Both GoToMeeting and WebEx offer intuitive interfaces with a number of collaboration and communication features.
If you’re not already using GoToMeeting, WebEx, or a similar application for your conferencing needs, it is time to start. The cost savings alone can pay for the cost of the application many times over, not to mention the convenience of reducing travel time and hassle.
Cloud Consulting By Solvere One
With Solvere One, your cloud computing services are fully managed by our experienced cloud computing professionals. All you need is a personal computer, smartphone or tablet, and an Internet connection. We manage major third party cloud computing services like:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Drive
- Amazon S3
- And more!
Solvere One helps you change the way you do business by helping you leverage the power of the cloud. Popular cloud applications include:
- Disaster recovery – The cloud allows you to have a centralized and virtual disaster recovery plan that’s much cheaper than traditional on-site disaster recovery solutions.
- Unified Communications (UC) – Unified Communications through the cloud allow for seamless collaboration between all of your VoIP, BYOD, and other communication technologies.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – Looking to cut down on IT costs and storage? Switch to a virtual environment. Through IaaS, you’re able to virtualize your disaster recovery, storage, and more.
- Desktop as a Service (DaaS) – Instead of having your desktop located on a single computer, why not virtualize it so you can access it anywhere? Desktop virtualization allows you and your employees to access a particular desktop from any electronic device, providing the ability to work remotely.
- IT as a Service (ITaaS) – What else can you migrate to the cloud? Your helpdesk, IT security, and software just to name a few!
Solvere One can help ensure all of your cloud solutions are the best for your company’s location(s), overall business structure, and IT infrastructure. Many of our clients are able to reduce IT costs (while also improving their efficiency) by making us their single point of contact for all of their cloud solutions.
Need a Cloud Provider in DC, MD, or VA?
Solvere One offers:
- 24/7/365 executive, white-glove service and IT help desk support
- Flat fees
- Peace of mind with our expertise and experience
- Emergency server maintenance
To learn more about our cloud computing services in Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland, and other regions in the Mid-Atlantic, call Solvere One today at (202) 905-2722!Please follow and like us: