How to Improve the Collaboration of Your Employees
How to Improve Employee Collaboration
Cloud Based Collaboration Tools for the Workplace
Successful collaboration is a vital piece of every successful company, but what are the best ways to improve employee collaboration? In the past, this meant weekly meetings or conference calls that required everyone to collaborate at a set time. Today, the cloud has enabled employees to collaborate in a variety of different ways.
From collaborative document sharing and editing to customer acquisition to internal communication, the cloud has created an opportunity to communicate and share like never before.
How to Get the Most Impact From Cloud Collaboration
The key to getting the most impact from your cloud networking systems is to first understand your workforce and their workflows. Do your sales teams collaborate with internal sales or customer service representatives? What is their current system of collaboration? If the answer is “I don’t know” or “everyone has their own method” it is time to re-uate your business systems.
There are dozens of collaboration tools out there that can facilitate the sales cycle, idea sharing, and customer service tasks.
Some popular collaboration tools are:
- Salesforce.com – Salesforce is a cloud computing and social enterprise software solution designed to facilitate the sales process and customer service. Salesforce is one of the most flexible and powerful web based databases available on the market today.
- Yammer – Yammer enables employees to form groups, share documents, post project status updates, and have conversations.
- Google Docs – Google Docs allows the sharing and real time collaboration on presentations, documents, spreadsheets and more.
- Office 365 – Office 365 is Microsoft’s cloud based version of their popular Microsoft Office products. Much like Google Docs, employees can create and edit presentations and documents together in real time.
- GoToMeeting – GoToMeeting is a leading cloud-based teleconferencing solution that allows employees to have all of the benefits of face to face meetings without the hassle or expense of traveling.
- And More!
This is just a small sample of some of the most popular cloud based systems popular in business today. The key to a successfully using the cloud however, is not by choosing the applications that are the most popular, but choosing the applications that best fit your company’s needs. Ease of use is another key consideration because software that is not intuitive will quickly be abandoned by employees.
Preventing Abandonment of Cloud Based Systems
Investing in cloud based systems can be expensive. Although the cloud represents major cost savings over more traditional business applications, they can still cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the size of your business.
With such a high amount of money invested, you’ll want to make sure that your employees are actually using the systems you have made available to them. But how do you ensure that your cloud collaboration initiatives will be adopted. As we mentioned before, the most important thing is to ensure that your company’s strategic goals align with the platforms capabilities.
In the end, cloud based collaboration tools should make the jobs of your employees easier. If you’re adding unnecessary processes or increasing the amount of time to perform the same tasks, your employees will ultimately abandon the efforts .
Cloud System Consulting & Integration From Solvere One
With Solvere One, your cloud computing services are fully managed by our experienced cloud computing professionals. All you need is a personal computer, smartphone or tablet, and an internet connection. We manage major third party cloud computing services like:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Drive
- Ring Central
- Amazon S3
- And more!
Solvere One helps you change the way you do business by helping you leverage the power of the cloud.
Solvere One offers:
- 24/7/365 executive, white-glove service and IT help desk support
- Flat fees
- Peace of mind with our expertise and experience
- Emergency server maintenance
To learn more about our cloud computing services in Washington, DC, Virginia, Maryland and other regions in the Mid-Atlantic, call Solvere One today at (202) 905-2722!